Free Online Course
"HIRAGANA - JAPANESE LETTERS"
LESSON 1 A-KO
In this lesson, you will learn 10 letters, From あ (a) toこ (ko).
Look at the first row, those five is Japanese vowel. Japanese has only five vowels, A-I-U-E-O. Every 46 hiragana letter created based on them. If you look at the second row, you can see "K" added before A-I-U-E-O.
Guide to studying Hiragana in this lesson
1. Watch "Hiragana a-ko Video (with Romanized)" and practice the pronunciation of each letter.
2. After you feel comfortable reading them, Let's write each letter with the "Hiragana a-ko stroke order video (with Romanized)".
* Printable Flashcards are available. If you have a printer, print them out and use for your studying.
If you don't have a printer, please go to this link and use online flashcards
3. Are you able to write and read those 10 letters comfortably? If so it is time to try "Hiragana a-ko practice sheet"!
4. Let's check your answer and see your result. If you are satisfied with your result, you can move to Lesson 2. If you are not, I recommend reviewing this lesson again.