In this lesson, you will learn 10 letters, From あ (a) toこ (ko).
Look at the first row, those five is Japanese vowel. Japanese has only five vowels, A-I-U-E-O. Every 46 hiragana letters are created based on them. If you look at the second row, you can see "K" added before A-I-U-E-O.
Guide to studying Hiragana in this lesson
1. Watch "Hiragana a-ko Video (with Romanized)" and practice the pronunciation of each letter.
2. After you feel comfortable reading them, Let's write each letter.
* Printable Flashcards are available. If you have a printer, print them out and use for your studying.
3. Are you able to write and read those 10 letters comfortably? If so it is time to try the Hiragana Japanese letters eBook.
4. Let's check your answer and see your result. If you are satisfied with your result, you can move to Lesson 2. If you are not, I recommend reviewing this lesson again.